On this Ghost Tour you will discover the dark history of Edinburgh for two hours, walking along cemeteries and alleys and learning about legends and scientific investigations, bloody events, murders and witch burnings.
* This tour is not recommended for children under 5 years of age due to the topics that are addressed during the visit.
We will learn about the following topics:
- Edinburgh: a city of legends, ghosts and killers
- The chair of parapsychology at Edinburgh University
- Torture and execution methods used in the city for centuries
- The surprising connections of famous people with the city of Edinburgh
- How the Plague shaken the foundations of their Society
- Famous ghosts and types of appearance in the city
- Life in a graveyard at night
- Medical discoveries and their need for dead bodies
- Hidden spaces
- Witchery: people being acused and the methods used with them
* The guide could use audiovisual devices to illustrate some of the topics covered.
** We will visit some places that are difficult to access, such as cemeteries, steep alleys or stairs.
*** This tour is not recommended for children under 5 years of age due to the topics that are addressed during the visit.